Friday, May 15, 2009

It was just tooooo quiet here!

You had to know it wouldn't last. It's been a whole week since Jim and I delivered little Hershey to his furever home. A looooong, quiet week! Two days ago I got the usual weekly emails about the dogs that were scheduled for euthanasia at York Shelter, and there were loads of puppies. :-(

I picked two that would have been killed today. I watched for two days to see if anyone would rescue them. I checked at noon today and they were still there.

So I went and pulled them. I know I left others behind and they are probably gone to the Rainbow Bridge by now. That rips my heart apart, but I can only do what I can do. It was like pulling teeth to get Jim to agree to taking two.

I got them home, gave them each a bath and a capstar (to kill the fleas on them), pulled the ticks out of their ears, fed them, played with them, and now they are snoozing in the dining room in their crates.

They are adorable! One looks like an Australian shepherd mix and she's very mouthy. The other looks like a border collie mix and is quiet and calm. Both are females.

Here they are:

Magnolia...



Meadow...

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you're so far away!! I would be taking all those dogs home with me. I don't dare visit the shelters here. Bandit is twice the size we thought he'd be and smarter than either of us! :-)

    ReplyDelete