Thursday, June 10, 2010

RIP Jackson Brown


Three years ago, Jim and I built and moved into our new home. Our development was brand new, and everyone was "new". It was fun to meet people as they walked through the neighborhood, and of course the ones we remembered most were the ones who had four-footed friends with them.

The first woman I remember meeting was Susan. She had a beautiful chocolate lab with her named "Jackson Brown". Jackson was a sweet boy, happy and friendly like most labs are.

As time passed, we got to know Susan and her husband John quite well. They had a big house, and John was constanly building upgrades to it. Huge deck, Beautiful fireplace in the living room, gorgeous den, bar, and card room downstairs. Every completion meant a party with the neighbors. It was fun, and always Jackson was there to add to the smiles.

Jackson was aon older boy, though I'm not certain of his age. This spring he became ill, got a serious infection, and his health declined. He couldn't shake it.

Yesterday morning while I was out walking Casey and Karma, Susan was driving by and stopped. She told me they had to make that awful decision a few days ago and say goodbye to Jackson. I know her pain. I know her sweet boy Jackson is at Rainbow Bridge with my Noir and together they are playing and watching over the families they loved and left behind on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment