Monday, July 28, 2008

Where do you see yourself in five years?

At the end of August, I'll head to Dallas, TX for a "Family Reunion" of Nussentials - a company that just got started last year and is already growing in leaps and bounds. At the Saturday night awards dinner, we're all supposed to dress as we see ourselves in 5 years.

I'm sure there will be people in yachting clothes, some women dripping with diamonds, and some guys with big cigars, but as is common for me, I'll be a little different.

I'm custom designing the T-shirt I'll be wearing.... on the back it will say "Animal Rescue Transport Volunteer Driver" and on the front will be the graphic above. So now my only dilema is what size T-shirt!!!

I'm going to shamelessly pass out cards explaining what rescue transports are and tell people where to send their donations. The price of gas is keeping a lot of would-be drivers at home, and the shelters in these poor areas don't even have slip leads to give us for each animal. Slip leads only cost about a dollar each! But without a slip lead, an animal could get away and get lost... or worse. So anyway, all these people that plan to be rich and living the rich lifestyle should be able to toss a donation to rescue.

In case you're wondering, yes, I plan to be wealthy in 5 years too. And thin!! But my wealth will mean a large air conditioned bus filled with rescue animals in comfy crates that runs between South Carolina and New Jersey every week, gas prices be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment