Thursday, August 28, 2008

Howdy from "Big D"

Next time I make a reswervation for a flight that leaves at 7:40 AM I hope somebody smacks me!! I got up at 4:30AM, left for the airport at 5:45 and am already here in my room at the Omni... 12:30 Eastern (my time) 11:30 Dallas time.

The flight was nice and relaxing. I sat with the armrest down, and had about 8 inches extra on my seat belt. What a victory!

And then I walked into the lobby of the Omni, saw my good friend (the president of Nussentials) Phil M ims, and he didn't recognize me at first! He and his wife Lucie are my good friends. I walked up to him and said "Don't you recognize me?" He said "Can you blame me?!" and gave me a big hug. It's great to be with my good friends again.

Well, I bought a pair of size 20 jeans last week and have washed them in hot water twice and they're ok when I first put them on but they bag out after about 20 minutes. Good grief! I can't get used to thinking about shopping for and wearing a size in the teens again!

Speaking of sizes, are they making clothes bigger these days? It seems that in 1988 I weighed 205 and wore a size 20. Then I lost 40 pounds and wore a size 16. What's up with that?

Well, I'm going to see if I can find something to eat. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment