Saturday, August 30, 2008

I received a recognition award!

Tonight was the awards and recognition dinner at the Nussentials Family Reunion. We had a nice dinner. I was having fun watching good friends receiving awards and recogniton, taking photos and laughing a lot. This was the dinner everyone came to dressed as they want to be in 5 years. I wore the rescue driver shirt I described a few blogs back.

Phil and Lucie were dressed in fishing gear - they were hilarious. Phil had announced Most Supportive Spouse, and Biggest Customer Gatherer, then announced a new award this year... Greatest Servant. Phil read the inscription on the award, "Most Serving Attitude, 2008 - One who serves others, in the end, serves themselves." Then he said "Miss Edie Elting"

I was stunned. I'm not a big business builder, I'm more comfortable in the background, creating tools to support others in the company, preferring to help as much as I can and enjoying the success of my friends.

The photo above shows me receiving the award from my good friends and Nussentials owners and President, Phil and Lucie Mims.

It's been a few hours, and I'm still surprised and so proud of my association with these people.

Another thing we did today is present a check to Children Incorporated (http://www.children-inc.org/) to help feed hungry children right here in the United States. We donate 5% of all sales off the top (not just of profit, but of all sales). Today's check was for $22,000. Our company is only one year old and every month we send a check.

I'd say we're doing pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment