Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Well..... DAMN!


I met Amy and Brian, a couple that applied for Magnolia, at Petsmart this afternoon and I loved them... Both very nice, genuine people and they fell in love with Magnolia. She said they had made a list of 10 dogs to meet, and said to each other "what if we fall in love with the first one? Oh, we won't." Yeah, right!

I told them she was a very special little dog, and is the one I would keep if I could, and that they would have to almost be God for me to let them adopt her.

Well, then they met Magnolia. And that was all she wrote. The home visit is set for Sunday at 2PM, but I've seen their neighborhood before, and they live on a golf course and at dusk run with their lab/border collie mix down the 5th fairway. I can already picture Magnolia running along with them and loving every minute of it. They also have a keeshond. They go boating and all their dogs have life jackets. The dogs go with them everywhere and sleep with them in the king-sized bed.

My stories of her laying down in her little pool pretty much did them in, then two little girls walked into the store. Magnolia sat down, bowed her head and looked up, smiled at them and lifted her paw, inviting them to pet her. Done. Case closed. Amy and Brian were so smitten they were almost weeping.

Later on I sent the pics of her in her pool, etc, and they loved them, said they're sending them to all their friends. They showed me pics of their dogs on their iphones. So digital pics will be no problem at all, and they said I can visit anytime.

So my days with my wonderful little darling are winding down and I'm already sobbing at the thought of parting with her. But visions of other little faces swim in my head, and I know if I can just get past my selfish desire to keep her and hug her forever, I can help so many more little ones get the start in life that they deserve.

The fact that I liked them instantly from the moment we shook hands helps me a great deal and will see me through this parting. Somehow I must get through this...

No comments:

Post a Comment