Friday, December 11, 2009

Agony

This photo was taken on November 6th at a Holiday Pet Photos fundraiser. The photo says it all: agony.

My friend Michelle from Phartblossoms was taking the photos and asked me to give Noir a kiss on the head. I did and I broke down, knowing my days with her were numbered. I didn't know then just how small a number we had left.

Today, 3 days after Noir went to the Rainbow Bridge, I am still in pain. My eyes and sinuses burn, my brain can't focus on anything else. I have so much work to do but can't bring myself to even think about it. Hopefully that will change soon.

Meanwhile I miss her in all the little daily things that we take for granted. The clink of her tags as she walked. Waking up in the middle of the night and reaching out to pat her on the head. Now my hand falls on her empty blanket and the ache rips through my heart.

Today Jim and I are talking about taking in a foster dog. Casey is lonesome for her buddy. She walks from room to room looking for her. We can't replace Noir, but we know she would want us to give our love to one who needs us.

No comments:

Post a Comment