Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The end came much too soon

My sweet Noir was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver three months ago. This week she hadn't eaten for a few days and wasn't drinking. In spite of all the efforts of the wonderful Dr. DeHaan, there was nothing more to do for her but give her a quiet day without shoving things down her throat.

This afternoon she ate and drank a little, then took a blissful nap curled up with me, a memory I will treasure forever. A little after 4PM, Dr Lisa Shaw from Indian Land Animal Hosp came and helped her cross over to the rainbow bridge. Later her body was removed by Marlow and Brown for cremation.

She is gone, never forgotten. She was a rescue, she became a rescuer herself, and I found my inspiration for rescuing and transporting in her.

Please say a little prayer for my sweet girl, that she have only healthy, sunny, fun days at the Rainbow Bridge while she waits for Jim and I to cross over with her. We know we made the right decision for her, but are inconsolable nonetheless.

She is not gone, she has just run ahead to a better place and waits for us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment