Monday, February 16, 2009

This is a tale of castaways...

OK, cue the theme music... our new foster puppies are a brother and sister we named Gilligan and Ginger! I pulled Gilligan on Wednesday because they were going to kill him Saturday. They said he was unadoptable because of his cherry eye. But it's totally repairable and our vet is going to do it when she neuters him. He's a sweet little boy who deserves a good life.

Late Wednesday night I realized when we pulled him we left behind his sister. She wasn't in danger, but it broke my heart to think she was there all alone. I went back Friday morning to pull two other dogs and transport them so I adopted her to get her out of there. Ginger's very sweet too, and she and Gilligan play all the time. It's hilarious to watch them.

The shelter said they were "beagle mixes" which is pretty much what they call anything that has long ears. I have a few ideas of what they might be, but am waiting to hear from my resuce experts!

No comments:

Post a Comment