Saturday, September 13, 2008

Life's never dull where Houlihans linger...

In case you're wondering about the title of this blog, my maiden name is Houlihan. And that's what my friends used to say about the exciting things that always seemed to happen to me. If only they knew....

Today I was up at 5:30AM. Not for a transport this time. I was going to set up a booth at "Fur Festival" in Belmont, NC, a benefit for a local rescue group where I would be selling my all natural soy candles and Nussentials health products. Here's some photos of my booth:







While there, we had a visit from our former foster puppy, Marvelous Marvin. He's been with his new family for a month and he's GROWN!! But what a sweet puppy. He looks great, and seemed to recognize Jim and I. Here's a photo of Jim and our little buddy:






I had the best smelling booth at the festival! It was a hot day, in the 90's, and I sweated away another pound! About 6 PM we had packed up and were on our way home, exhausted.
We hadn't been in the house more than 30 minutes, and the doorbell rang. "Can you help us... we picked this little dog up running along the road and he almost got hit." It was a dachshund. ANOTHER one! This little boy was only about 2-3 months old and appears to be pure doxie. "Of course." Jim set up the crate and now we have "Sidney" living with us temporarily while we make connections with doxie rescue. Jim said that's what Casey and Noir wanted to call him! He is ADORABLE!!



So even though I didn't participate in a transport, the day was filled with rescue events - past, present, and future! Life really is never dull where this Houlihan lingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment