Friday, September 19, 2008

Thanks! (you made my tail wag)

Yesterday I ran a transport for a good friend. I drove up to Concord, NC to pick up a scruffy gray labradoodle mix named Buddy. If my friend hadn't pulled him, he would've been euthanized yesterday evening. He was a good rider, laid down and slept all the way back to Waxhaw. Such a good boy!

Last night I attended the monthly meeting of a local rescue group, and I got a thank you card from Gus (Buddy has been renamed!)
Here's what he wrote:
Miss Ediee,

Thanks fur picking me up today.
My new mom is nice.
I'm really glad you git me out of that place.
You R A lifesaver!

Love,Gus
(the shaggy grey dog)
You really know you've done something great when you get a thank you card from a dog!!! This is one card I'll treasure forever, because to me it means I'm doing my life's work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment